HerRoom has bras for every woman's lifestyle and body type.
Our top women's intimate apparel brands, including Bali, Barely There, Calvin Klein, Chantelle, Goddess, Hanro, Le Mystere, Maidenform, Natori, Olga, Panache, Playtex, Spanx, Vanity Fair and Wacoal. Brassieres are first categorized by size. There are average size bras and then plus size bras and full figure bras. Full figure starts at a D cup size or larger. Plus size starts at a D cup and a 40 band size. Next the construction for cup support is considered: underwire vs. contour vs. soft cup. Finally, bra style should be considered. The following bra types should be considered by all women as they build their brassier wardrobe.
Every mother-to-be needs maternity bras to handle her growing breasts. A nursing bra is a maternity bra but with the added engineering of drop down cups so that baby can be nursed without Mom having to take her shirt off. At HerRoom we offer both maternity and nursing bras in full figured and plus size bra sizing.
Okay, this is hard for some to imagine, but sexy lingerie should be a part of your wardrobe. Men simply love see through bras, shelf bras and sheer pieces. So, this category is at least worth considering.
A strapless bra is a must-have in your wardrobe. They now come in better sizing so even if you wear size DD bras and larger, you can still find one that is supportive and flattering to your figure.
Push Up Bras:
If you wear a 32E bra, or GG cup bras you can forget this category. But if you're like many women, you enjoy taking what you have and moving it around to create maximum cleavage... at least occasionally. The push-up bra has replaced traditional padded bras. No longer do you need padding to give your bust line a fuller look.
Most sports bras today are made with stretch microfiber fabrics such as Coolmax. It wicks moisture away from your skin and dries quickly to keep you comfortable throughout your workout. The choice of front or back close, underwire or soft cup, racerback or traditional sport bra is entirely up to you, and depends on the activity you want to wear it for. HerRoom offers a wide range of styles and sizes including plus size sport bras. See our exclusive Sports Bra "Bounce Test Videos"
and compare over 30 sports bras in action.
Front Close Bra:
It's a fact that front closure brassieres are much easier to get on. They can come with racerback styling to lay completely flat and invisible under sleeveless clothing. This style also helps keep bra straps in place. However, the inability to adjust for sizing makes this style hard to properly fit.
has the capability of reducing breast projection by up to 2 inches for a more flattering silhouette under clothes. Minimizer bras work miracles for women who traditionally wear full figure bras or big bras but want to fit into their favorite tight tops without their buttons looking as if they're about to pop.
Removable, adjustable straps are what distinguish this style from others. Varying the straps allows the wearer to create a racerback, backless or strapless bra style from the same garment. If you could only travel with one brassiere, this would be the one.
- The padded bra has really evolved over the years. It used to mean a bra with extra padding to increase your breast size. Today, a padded bra - or more accurately, a lightly padded bra - really means modesty. Molded cup bras with a thin layer of padding to prevent nipple show-through are called contour bras; but they are actually a type of padded bra. And, today, women consider a push-up bra a padded bra as well.
- Okay, this kind of bra conjures up sexy bra to most women. Well, the truth is a see through bra is sexy, but it's also a very good addition to your lingerie bra wardrobe. This style of bra is by definition very thin. It therefore tends to hide bra lines and blend in with what you are wearing. And, the added benefit of a see-through bra is that men absolutely love them - especially black see through bra and pantie sets.
Your Bra Wardrobe
- Remember, the secret to looking fabulous is wearing the correct undergarment. So, make sure your bra wardrobe includes the bra must-haves to look your best:
- Seamless t-shirt bras - Though it has become known as a t-shirt bra, a seamless bra is virtually invisible under any blouse or dress. It is a year-round must have in your bra wardrobe. Many women consider this their every-day bra.
- Racerback bras - We agree that they are hard to find and fit properly, but a racerback bra is a very sleek shape that hides your straps when wearing a sleeveless top. If you can't find one in your size, a convertible bra can be modified to achieve the same result.
- Push-up bra - For that instant lift and a slimmer silhouette, grab your push up bra. Not only does it give you a much fuller look, but getting the girls up and shapely makes you look younger and thinner. And men love your look in this style of bra.
- Sports bras - Sit down and make a list of the types of activities you do. Then, make sure you have the appropriate sports bra for each of them. A sports bra you wear to yoga is far different from the one you wear when running. All sports bras are not created equal, so establish a collection.
- Balconette bras - This style is a must have for low necklines. You'll find yourself wearing it more than you realized once you get it home.
- Strapless and convertible bras - These bra styles are the solution bras. Have a one shoulder top? A sheer neckline? A halter dress? Having a strapless bra with convertible straps around always comes in handy.
- Minimizer bras - You should have one of these in your wardrobe if you are a D cup or larger. A minimizer is for when you go to put on the button down blouse, and you find your buttons straining. A minimizer bra can make a top like this work.
- Bra and pantie sets - There is nothing to make you feel more special then wearing a matching bra and panty set. Own at least one set, and then wear it on a special occasion or when you want to feel better about yourself.
Want more help deciding what to buy? Check out the Undies Award winners
to see what's been
voted the best by women everywhere. This annual program gives consumers the final say on the best of the best by giving them a chance to
vote on their favorite styles. See the Undies Award winners for best all-around bra and best in several different categories including
favorite full figure bra, best sports bra, t-shirt bra, favorite minimizer bra, push-up bra and more. And don't forget to cast your vote
in the next Undies Award campaign.
Check out our impressive selection and get