There are a few things I forgot to say about the 4040 in my previous review:
1. The silicone gripper on the band is amazing! Even though Victoria's Secret 34's ride way up my back, this 34 stays low on my back because of the silicone gripper on the band. (I wear the 4040 with straps rather than strapless, so my goal is to keep it from sliding up rather than down- I imagine the silicone gripper would also keep it from falling down when worn strapless.)
2. Between silicone implants and the Panache 4040 with its silicone gripper band, the 4040 is cheaper, less painful to deploy, able to be taken off at night for comfortable sleepy time, and takes less time to obtain. There are also similarities between silicone implants and the 4040 with its silicone gripper band: both deliver "high profile" results (your things will be closer to your chin than ever before if you use the straps), your things will look round, and you will deliver the tactical experience of baseballs to those who attempt to use their tactile sense in your 4040 area.
3. Don't buy a cheap black shirt and then wear it with your latte-colored Panache 4040 without having first washed the excess black dye off the cheap black shirt- otherwise, the black dye will rub off onto your 4040 while you wear them together, and you won't find out until the end of the day when you change out of your clothes. You'll be so angry at your black shirt that you'll ball it up and throw it in the corner of your closet, where it will stay for at least the next three weeks because you just refuse to deal with it after what it's done to your 4040.
4. Washing the 4040 can be challenging: the tag says to do so by hand, but if you have a Maytag washing machine with a delicate cycle, it turns out that running the 4040 through that cycle won't hurt the bra. However, the delicate cycle doesn't do a great job of getting cheap black dye out of the bra, should you need to do so. It will get some of it out, but leave some bothersome shadowed areas on the 4040 which might propel you to buy a new 4040. If that happens, you can order the new one at HerRoom.com (I did.)
5. The Panache 4040 is available in black, which probably would not show stains from absorbed dye off a cheap black shirt, if you should happen to wear such a shirt in conjunction with your 4040.
Me Again from Detroit, Michigan